Lekki Conservation Centre is a hidden gem waiting for tourists to explore. Since it was established in 1990, Lekki Conservation Centre has emerged as one of Africa’s most conspicuous modern nature parks, known for its diversity. The conservation and relaxation centre is a scenic area that offers a tranquil escape from everyday life in the buzzing city of Lagos.
The reserve area which covers a land area of 78 hectares is located on Lekki Peninsula, next to the Lekki Lagoon, and near the Lagos Lagoon.. Approaching the reserve, there’s a boulevard of coconut trees which leads to a well laid out car and Visitors Park. It is endowed with an abundance of plant and animal life. Its huge tract of wetlands is set aside for wildlife viewing. Raised walkways enable viewing of animals like monkeys, crocodiles, snakes and various birds. There is also a conservation center and a library.
The Centre is one of the best and most visited nature reserves in Nigeria. The conservation and relaxation centre is a scenic area that offers a tranquil escape from every day life in the buzzing city of Lagos.
If you appreciate nature and are in a limbo as where to take your partner or lover, this center is the ideal place to visit.
- Walk on the longest canopy bridge in Africa
- Spot monkeys, peacocks,crocodile and other interesting animals
- After an enthralling climb of the Canopy walkway, you can also play human size Chess and other games.
- Take a selfie with a 96 year old tortoise
- Relax, rejuvenate, and recover your strength under the shed of Raffia.
- Visit the fish ponds
- And many more